Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Year in Socks…


OK, I didn’t knit a pair of socks every month in 2010.  When I look deep within myself I know that it’s alright, I’m not a sock-a-month person.  Unlike Elizabeth, I have lots and lots of socks; my daughter has lots and lots of socks.  I’ve knit a lot of socks in my life.  I like to knit socks; I always have a pair of socks on my knitting needles, just one pair at a time but always a pair of socks in the project bag.  I got all the way through June before the project began to wear thin, we traveled to England and I didn’t finish a pair for July.  That was the beginning of the end of this project for me.

 
Just so’s you know, I’m OK with not finishing the year.  I did spend my first year in our newly renovated house, hanging pictures, figuring out what went in each kitchen drawer, finding a spot to display my mug collection, the list is endless. I posted a photo a day on my art web site.  I traveled to England.  I lost 22 ½ pounds.  I took care of my family.  It was a great year and 2011 is going to be even better, the mind boggles.

I did lots of charity knitting this year.  I’m a very fortunate person and I believe in giving back; I hope to give back even more in 2011.  I’d also like to lose another 20 pounds, exercise a bit more, knit more, travel more and grow less facial hair.  I expect to reach most of those goals and the ones I miss; well it just goes to show you that I’m not perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment