Wednesday, January 5, 2011

my love affair with the post office continues

Tomorrow I will send these to Afghans for Afghans:


Blue mittens by RTDD, gray mittens (they are gray, not white) with turquoise edge and green mittens from me, stripey mittens and blue socks from Pat. There's also a dark gray hat that did not make it to the photo shoot.

And these to the Red Scarf Project (I missed the deadline, but I wrote and they said OK to send -- I always check first):

      
The scarf on the left is Knitpicks Swish worsted, using the Corrugator pattern; the scarf on the right is Knitpicks Shamrock, a hefty tweedy yarn that did not want to be ribbed. I used a 2 x 2 basketweave pattern instead.

All of the knitting is from 2010; I just never got these things into boxes. It's time.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting that the OFA will accept the red scarves still. I mailed mine on Monday and didn't call ahead - so I was glad to see the response you got! Your scarves are beautiful too! I came here via your ravely 'about me' Nice blog - I'll be sure to check back.

    ReplyDelete