Monday, July 1, 2013

Christmas is coming

Now that's a scary thought, isn't it?? It's kind of a chronic condition around here, though. . . so on vacation last week I thought I'd get a jump on some Christmas presents. I started a pair of these slippers:


37-2_medium
I've used the pattern before, to make a pair in size women's S, and they worked really well. This time I tried to make the largest size -- and even though I was (uncharacteristically) using the yarn the pattern was written for, they came out way too small. And yes, I had done a gauge swatch and was getting the correct gauge. Virtue unrewarded. I am going to rip out and start over using needles two sizes larger, in hopes that will work. But this should teach me not to get big ideas about working ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment