Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy birthday

Every year on this day [posted a day later than planned -- January 24 is the official date] I leave a present on friend S's porch so she will be greeted by it when she leaves the house. This year, with nasty weather and the date falling on a Saturday, I didn't know how early that will be. So I tiptoed over right after midnight and left it well wrapped in plastic (we are having a Winter Weather Event -- involving every form of precipitation you can name, all of them cold and wet).





I decided last August to use up some of my random skeins of Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica making the Four Seasons Throw. I knit in individual blocks rather than strips because I wasn't sure what colors I'd ultimately use. If you have a chance to plan ahead, I'd definitely urge you to go with the strip technique!

By about block 3, I realized that S might really like this. She is a person who appreciates wool, so a good target. I finished all the knitting by November. And then, suddenly, on Tuesday of this week I realized I'd only sewn two blocks together and the birthday deadline was imminent. It's amazing how well I work with a deadline. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment