Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So far so good

Green sock #1 is still on schedule, and I've reached the fast and easy part. This yarn is a vivid, vivid green, even more so than in the picture. I have to consult with co-blogger Pat, an expert photographer, on how to get the color to come out right.



I try to keep the label in the center of the ball after I've wound it, but this one got away from me. I thought at first it was a Black Bunny yarn, but it's not soft enough. It may be Araucania Ranco #305. (Edited to add: yes, this is a Black Bunny yarn, as determined in consultation with the Black Bunny herself. Nobody does green like the Black Bunny!)

This sock is on 64 stitches (I'm kind of wishing I'd used 68, but too late now), in a 2-row pattern. Round 1, knit; Round 2, k1 p1 all the way around.