Friday, October 1, 2010

September, November

It's October 1. I have 1.3 socks from the September pair completed. I saw this coming, but I'm still disappointed that I didn't crack the whip and get them done.

Looking at our schedule, I realize that we managed to skip (how?) October. And a search of my emails doesn't indicate that we assigned a category once we'd discovered that omission. Pat? Is that correct? Hoping so, because if I can knit plain socks this month I can end up with September and October done by Halloween.

Here are the yarns I pulled to consider for the October sock:



It was very difficult to choose just one, but I managed. I resisted the call of the Mountain Colors Bearfoot (the berry colors) and Claudia's Handpaints (blue and caramel, in the middle). I reassigned the gray; it will be a cowl or gloves. The October yarn winner is the one at the top, going from about the 12 o'clock position to the 2 o'clock position. It's an Autumn House Farm yarn, and the colorway is Galway Moss. This particular yarn doesn't seem to be on their web site anymore, so I've written for information. I'll provide a close-up picture later today, when the sun comes out.

I'm also flirting with the idea of joining in on Kirsten Kapur's mystery sock project. Just to make life a little more impossible. If you're interested, details are available on her blog and you can join a Ravelry group for a knit-along.

No comments:

Post a Comment