Saturday, February 6, 2010

February Socks - A4A

For February, Elizabeth and I are knitting socks for a group called Afghans for Afghans. We've both knit for them for years and fully support their efforts.  I've been knitting mittens, using Elizabeth's pattern and sending them off to Afghanistan the last several campaigns.  I just finished these two pairs.

 

The yarn was given to me by dear knitting buddy Gina.  I loved knitting with it and it made such soft, colorful, warm mittens for Afghani kids...thanks, Gina!

Anyhow, I'm knitting along on my A4A socks, I'm following Elizabeth's tutorial using Cottage Craft yarn.  Here's where I'm at, hopefully finished by Monday...and able to send them off.  I was going to say that the pattern is coming out a bit large but after reading Elizabeth's post, over at A4A, I understand that I've been duped!  These were meant to be for teenage boys...ah, you tricky knitter!

Everyone stay safe and warm, Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment