Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rock Around the Clock

On our original schedule, March was to be devoted to knitting for afghans for Afghans. But -- the due date turned out to be March 1, making that a bad plan, and we bumped it back to February. Because knitting for Valentine's Day in March seemed an even worse plan, we needed a new category. Ta da! We'll be knitting with Socks That Rock, the original "luxury vehicle" of sock yarns. Delicious.

I had several colorways to choose from, and it was hard to make up my mind. In the end, I decided to go with Christmas balls (why is it called that?):



I'm hoping that using the medium weight will at least partially counteract the curse of the Bigfoot. I'll be using a slipstitch rib to try to keep the colors from pooling:

round 1: *k3, p2* around
round 2: *k1, slip 1 [as if to purl], k1, p2* around

Picture later this week; casting on tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I love that colorway. That big blob of bright purple is simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour! So mad and bonkers and so not-subtle. Oh how I love mad socks! Life is too short to wear boring socks. Can't wait to see what the yarn is going to grow up into!

    ReplyDelete