Friday, April 26, 2013

February Hat

Yep, I'm making up for lost posting time today!




Here's my February Hat...made with mystery yarn from some mystery sheep on some mystery farm.  The yarn still had a bit of the farm in it as I knit but once soaked in hair conditioner and washed with wool wash it fluffed up and became really nice and soft.  I made it using Elizabeth's standard worsted weight hat pattern.  That is text E, tell her that you have size 7 needles and some worsted weight-ish yarn, that you are on your way to Syracuse and you need to knit, you need her help, you need a really simple hat pattern...wait a bit and voila, she sends you the number of stitches to cast on, rib pattern, and depth.  From there I added 10% more stitches when I switched to stockinette and knit for 8" or so, decreased (again following dear E's excellent advice) and cast off.  End of story.


No comments:

Post a Comment