Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In like a lamb


The March socks are finished! I wove in the last ends Sunday night (today is Tuesday), but although my camera does have an underwater setting, I elected to delay the photo shoot until the rain stopped.

The colors didn't come out the way I'd expected them -- well, I don't know what I expected, exactly, but it didn't involve large patches of purple and white stripes. These socks are definitely festive! And they feel incredibly luxurious on my feet. The minute I put the first one on I was committed to knitting the second one as quickly as possible, so that both feet could be happy at the same time.

For my next adventure with Socks That Rock, I think I'll choose the lightweight, and use a colorway with less vigorous contrast. There will definitely be a next time.

1 comment:

  1. They're fantastic - such mad colours. Like the pattern too. I'm thinking of ribbed socks for my next pair. In stripes.

    ReplyDelete